Advanced Scuba Diver
Advanced Scuba Diver is for certified divers who desire additional training.
Let your underwater adventure continue! Apply your scuba skills as you explore new dive sites and activities under the supervision and training of your NAUI Instructor. Learn which diving specialties interest you, and what type of diving you enjoy most. Gain more confidence and capability. Begin to consider the direction diving will take you, as you go for everything it has to offer.
- Become certified for Deep Dives of 130 feet/40 meters maximum depth
- Learn night or low visibility diving
- Increase experience in dives for navigation
- Personalized specialization diving ranging from Search and recovery, Boat diving, Hunting and collecting, Wreck diving, Shore diving, Diving for photos or video and Using dive computers, just to name a few.
The Advanced Scuba Diver course is an enjoyable certification course for 12-year-old (or older) certified divers who desire additional training, have moved from one diving area to another and desire local orientation, do not have, but wish to obtain, NAUI certification, or who desire orientation to a variety of diving sites and conditions.
Our convenient location
Located close to the beaches of Nokomis and Venice. Fill your tank or grab whatever you forgot before heading out.
Our expert instructors & staff
There to help with all your needs. Learn to dive, browse our selection or share your most recent finds.
Our wide range of equipment
We carry a wide range of equipment to fit everyone’s needs and budget. From entry level to top of the line for those that gotta have the best.
Our passion for diving and ocean conservation
Most dive shops are all about the sale. We strive to build relationships with our customers, share in ocean conservation and community awareness.
Six Open Water Dives
Types of Dives
As part of your certification, you will complete a minimum of six open water dives including three separate dives for navigation, night or low visibility diving and deep diving (130 feet/40 meters maximum depth), plus three different dives. Some of the many different dives you can do include:
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Wreck diving (non-penetration)
- Observation and data collection
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- Salt water diving (in areas where most diving is in fresh water)
- Fresh water diving (in areas where most diving is in salt water)
- Shore diving
- Diving for photos or video
- Using dive computers
*Please note, class instruction is contracted to a 3rd party NAUI Certified Instructor and not affiliated with Venice Dive Center